Friday, June 6, 2014

Five on Friday

It's Friday. The weekend is upon us again and to celebrate I am linking up with some other bloggers for a little thing they call Five on Friday. Carolina CharmThe Good LifeHello HappinessA. Liz Adventures.

ONE: 
This Girl.


Audrey comes home today-FINALLY-after being at my grandparent's house since Sunday. She is such a bright, vibrant, helpful girl and I have missed her like crazy. I can't wait to be on the receiving end of one of her tight, big hugs and to hear her laugh again. She is having a wonderful time sewing and baking, quilting and chatting with my grandma all day long. She has helped run errands and clean the house, too. All of these things make Audrey ridiculously happy. I can't wait to hear all about her adventures. Mostly I just want to hug her.

TWO:
This Boy.
Elliot at 3, rocking his brother's dance hat, his costume, and my sunglasses




Today Elliot said, "Mama, can I add something to our summer list?" I said he could, not quite sure what to expect because his silliness and affinity for potty humor has hit an all-time high. "Can we lay on our backs and look at the different shapes in the clouds?" That ranks up there as one of the sweetest requests I've heard. Good grief I love that kid.

THREE:
This Concert.



The weather is looking really iffy for the weekend, but we're hoping the weather cooperates tonight and Saturday so we can rock out at Joyful Noise Family Fest. It is a family tradition for us and we love to spend the day together dancing, listening, and singing to great praise and worship music and doing all of the fun kid activities. This is the first year that Isaac and one parent will go on Friday because Tenth avenue North is there and I looooove them. So, we're ready for fun. Here's hoping the rain and storms holds off so we can introduce Asher to the fun.

FOUR:
This House.

I know lots of people are having garage sales these days, but we are having a house sale. As in, selling the whole house. Have you heard? Do you know someone who wants to buy this lovely home with THE best neighbors? Well, we've had quite a few showings and one second showing. Those people are "interested," whatever that means. I say write up an offer, people! I can only speak for myself when I say I am oddly at peace with however this works. Keeping the house sparkling clean isn't my favorite, but I know we have good stuff ahead. I don't know what it'll look like or where it'll happen, but I just know it'll be good.

FIVE:
This Life.

I feel like I filled out a form to try to win a trip to Disney and accidentally signed up to be life's punching bag instead. It's nothing absolutely horrible, but it's just one thing after the other lately. And I'd be lying if I didn't say it's getting tiring. I'd also be lying if I didn't say that in spite of the kicks to the gut, this life is pretty darn sweet. I have the mind-blowing honor of skipping, dancing, and giggling through life with a great man and four stellar kids. I have extended family and friends who support me and love me in ways I never thought possible. I really can't complain. I mean, don't get me wrong, I do complain sometimes. But at the end of the day I'm living a life that knocks my socks off. Makes me smile this big:


Happy Weekending!

What are you up to this weekend?

1 comment: