Monday, September 29, 2014

Because I love you and I want you to be happy

And sometimes happiness comes in the form of buttery, cinnamony, decadent, delicious scones. I'm not even kidding you. And I have plenty of references who will back me up on this.

I have no need to eat gluten free. Therefore I do not know if it is worth the ensuing problems to eat these. My best guess is yes.

So, I present to you:

Cinnamon Chip Scones
Cinnamon Chip Scones Recipe
Picture via Taste of Home
Here is where my inadequacies as a blogger shine brighter than Orion in the winter. I do not have step by step instructions with accompanying pictures. Shocking, I know. There are two reasons for this.

1-I am not a chef.

2-I am not a photographer.

Proof of point 1. The kids and I baked over 100 scones using two butter knives to cut in pounds and pounds of butter before I realized that God invented someone to invent a butter cutter inner sold for a mere $7.95 at good ol' Target. This purchase revolutionized the scone making process. I can't say for sure that it is the best $8 I've ever spent, but I'd certainly rank it top five.

Proof of point 2. The camera I am currently using does not have a working zoom button. If I want it closer, I walk closer. Farther away, I back up. Also, half of the time it doesn't actually take a picture so I have to turn the little wheel away from auto to sport and then back to auto and then it'll take the picture. Classy. Always.

What I lack in skill and equipment, I make up for in luck. I purchased homemade cinnamon chip scones as part of a bake sale. I took a bite and my butter/gluten loving self went to a very happy place. Luckily I kind of knew the person who made the scones so I asked for the recipe and she obliged. The rest is history.

I follow the recipe. (Well, I usually follow the recipe. There was the time I added the liquids before cutting in the butter. They tasted fine, but the texture was off. Don't do that.) I share/sell the scones to raise money for charity. People are happy.

So, money can't buy happiness. But it can buy butter. And butter can make scones. And these scones make people happy.

Go on. Click on this recipe. You know you want to.

Enjoy. Share with a friend. Take some to a sick neighbor. Share this blog post so your friends make these scones and share them with you.

Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment