Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Nothing much. Just everything.

My brain has been in some deep, ugly places lately. I'm lonely. We're all lonely. We don't have a place to call home or people to call ours. I click on here to write and my gut seizes up and I think of all the people who use all the right words and I just click the red x. It's ridiculous. I know it.

Today I'm not going to spend the night psychoanalyzing myself. I'm going to dwell on a beautiful autumn afternoon spent outside. 


(Am I the only one who thinks that the word autumn fits the feel of this season so much better than fall? Probably. Yes? OK. Just me.) I'm going to post a bunch of really cute pictures of my really cute baby boy who is 14 months old today. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

On Monday, Isaac, Audrey, and Elliot were at the pumpkin patch with their aunt, uncle, and cousins visiting from Michigan. Jim was at work. Asher and I were enjoying the heck out of a rare, just the two of us day. We'd gone for a run, had lunch, read books, played ball ball, practiced walking, and really anything else he wanted to do. We both had lots of fun with no school schedule and nowhere to be. He was ready for his afternoon snack around 3 so I scooped him up some plain yogurt.

We don't have good bowls at the rental house for him to practice feeding himself, but that day he decided he was going to give it a try. His first attempt involved picking the entire bowl up to drink it. The only thing he got from that endeavor was a forehead and hair full of yogurt. Then he got inventive with the spoon and I just clicked away with the camera because it was just the two of us and I could. 

Here's how it went down.

ooh. what have we here?

This is fun already.

I'll give this a whirl.


I am HILARIOUS! 

Seriously, did you see that?


Watch. I'm going to do it again!

Still so funny. 

Wait. Guys. I'm tired. Like, reallly tired. MAMA!

I need you!

Much better. ZZZZZZZ.

This boy, along with his big siblings, reminds me of life's simple joys every day. His snuggles make me smile. His laughter fills my thankful tank to overflowing. 

We're in the middle of a lot of crazy, but moments like these remind me I'm right where I need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment