Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving

After spending two nights at nana and babu's house, the big kids are back home. Life with four is noisier and bedtime takes longer, but it's just right. Goodness, I missed those kids like crazy.
Full tummies and happy kids, but don't even try to take babu's phone away from Asher
We celebrated Thanksgiving with my mom, Keith, Grandpa and Grandma Fischer, and my cousin, Matt, his wife, Sarah, and their two daughters. We ate delicious food and shared delightful company.
Audrey was instrumental in decorating the table. It was gorgeous!
It was 70 degrees out. Yes, that actually happens on Thanksgiving Day. Who knew?! Jim, Asher, and I started our day with a Turkey Day Fun Run. I predict this will become a new family tradition and next year we'll bring the big kids.
It was a great to start our day with a fun run.
I talked to my dad and my brother and his family on the phone. It wasn't enough, but it was something. Hearing their voices and telling them I love them will have to do when there are all these miles between us. On the other hand, I live in the same state as my mom for the first time since 1996. Seeing her more often is such a gift.
I love seeing my mom and Keith with my kids
Spending time with my grandparents is a delight. They are in their 70s and have been married for 56 years. They are healthy and active and seeing them with my kids brings such a smile to my face. Knowing my kids will experience the love of all of these generations and remember their great-grandparents is something I do not take for granted.
Grandpa Fischer, Asher, and dr. Seuss. A great combination

This just warms my heart.
We have a home and food and vehicles and running water and computers and more than a person would ever need and I'm so thankful for all of that stuff that makes life so much easier. I know that many, in fact most, of the people in this world do not have those luxuries and I am so grateful and humbled by the bounty before me every day.

But these people I get to call family and the people that choose me as their friend are my greatest treasures.

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment