Friday, January 9, 2015

Oh Hey, Friday

We are in such a time of transition. Our New Year is still New. We have found our new hometown, but have now started the daunting task of finding a house to turn into our home. All of this New got me thinking about things I'm missing and things I'm looking forward to.

5 Things I'm Missing:

1-sweet itty bitty squishy babies
my first itty bitty baby boy, almost 2 months old

my itty bitty daughter, ten days old

sweet baby Elliot, one day old

my littlest squishy, a few weeks old
 A friend posted this article on facebook and, just yes. I know how stupidly fortunate I am to have these four babies, but that doesn't stop the ache I feel when I look at Asher and see my baby grow into a little boy. I just love babies and their little coos and their little sleepy smiles, their curled up fingers and their squishy snuggles. And I want about a million of them. Job wanted: baby snuggler. Call me.

2-my BRFs (best running friends for the non-runners in the group)
I went from running with friends 90% of the time to running by myself 99% of the time. Thankfully the scenery has improved and I'm working so hard on conquering hills and breathing that I don't have much oxygen left over for conversation, but I sure do miss my tribe.
These are just a few of my BRFs. Man, I miss all of them.
3-the show Parenthood
Ok, technically it's still on. Did you see last night's episode?! It hurt me so. Yes, I know it's fiction, but still. . . hurts me. 

4-The holidays and the family who made it so incredibly beautiful
I didn't go nuts 2 days into having company over this year. Maybe this means I'm almost a grown-up? And I want them all to come back as soon as possible. Maybe this means I'm not the worst hostess on the planet? Elliot wants his cousins from Michigan to buy a house on one side of us and his cousins from Minnesota to buy a house on the other side of us and all would be right in the world. I can't argue with the kid on that one. 

7/8 of the cousins sledding on death by driveway
winter bonfire and s'mores

A hot game of Ticket to Ride

the family 
goofy cousins
5-Sleep
Asher has taken it to a new level. We are trying to gently help him sleep better. I am not a Cry It Out person. I just can't. Not my deal. So, we are up. Repeatedly. Trying to help him back to sleep without nursing him and without picking him up, but also without screaming. It is exhausting. And not really helping. Ugh.
Displaying IMG_20141231_224700690.jpg
for the record, I would gladly co-sleep if it meant he wouldn't wake up 14 times a night.
He still does. It's brutal. But dang, is he lovable.
5 Things I'm looking forward to:

1-Visiting MN and AZ to see family and friends
Asher and I fly to MN soon to see family and those BRFs I mentioned before. Then we fly home and the next morning the whole family drives to Arizona to catch some rays and visit grandparents while Jim works. It will be a whirlwind, but we are all really excited. I am thinking of making a CD of myself singing so I don't have to sing the entire 12+ hours we'll be driving in order to keep Asher-boy from screeching my name for 12+ hours. It might be my best idea yet.

2-Watching my kiddos grow
As much as I miss the little squishy baby stage, this stage is so fun. The conversations we have, the games we play, the books we read. It is so amazing to watch them grow into their own people. It is seriously an honor.

3-Buying a house to make our home in Colorado
We have started this process and we're so excited. As with every church we visit, the kids think we should buy every house we see. They are just so eager to get settled. They have been such troopers through this whole crazy adventure. We have honed in on a few neighborhoods that we like so we will see what happens. No matter what, we're trusting we'll end up just where we're meant to. 

4-Running consistently to get a solid base for my first go at marathon training!
Yep. First marathon, baby! So far I am signed up for a half marathon in the mountains in June and the Twin Cities Marathon in October. I am so excited for this mental and physical challenge. Any advice? Do tell. 

5-Life. Opportunity. Adventure. All of it!
One day you'll wake up and there won't be any more time to do the things you've always wanted. Do it now.
Let's do this, people!

What are you missing? And looking forward to? Happy Weekend!

It's link up friday. 


THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

5 comments:

  1. I'm going to be the negative nancy….I didn't like this week's parenthood. Too much going on. Ray ramona (can't remember show name) was really getting on my nerves, i know he was trying to be sweet, but oh man was it annoying! And they better slow down with the ideas and plans for the luncheonette, I for one am more adam, so I'm all for cashing out, but I want to see them work through it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that they're trying to wrap up too many storylines too quickly. The Zeke story line is so heartbreaking to me. He reminds me so much of my grandpa, who is 74. And the end when they were giving Amber advice I was just a mess thinking of my little girl growing up. All the emotions!

      Delete
  2. stopping by for oh hey friday! I actually just got back from AZ - it was gorgeous! Such a nice change from the winter snow. Also.. I got Ticket to Ride for christmas and haven't played it yet. Is it fun? I've never heard of it before :)

    Sarah
    Midwest Darling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for stopping by. My husband is from Michigan and I'm from Minnesota, so we understand the cold weather all too well. We just moved to Colorado 2 months ago and love it because it has all of the winter fun, but not the ridiculous cold. Ticket to Ride is really fun. I hope you'll like it, too. I read you're new to running. I started running about 4 years ago and love it. Start slow and steady and I hope you'll love it, too. Finding running friends was a huge help for me. Now I'm going back to MN to run my first marathon in October. Crazy! Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope you have a great weekend.

      Delete
  3. I'm still trying to figure out how people run and talk? Maybe when I get more used to running, it will get easier but man, it's hard! I think I've cried at every episode of Parenthood this season (and every season before) but I don't want it to end either!!

    ReplyDelete