Thursday, January 1, 2015

One Word-2015


(Who made it until midnight? Not this girl! But that's no surprise.)

As I wrote about here, I've decided to focus on one word for 2015 and blog about it each Sunday throughout the year. I hope that some of you will join me in this adventure of growth and thoughtfulness and intentionality. Whether you have a blog or not, there will be plenty of room and time for conversations on the big job of becoming the full humans we want to become, full of forward progress and backtracking, big love and epic fail. Will you share your word and tell what it means to you or how you decided on your word? Either on the Facebook page or in the comments?** Or, if you don't have a word, please share your resolutions and each week you can check in here to let us know how it's going and what you're doing to keep it up.

My word for 2015 is
I chose this word because I want to live my priorities. I want to order my priorities and then I want my life to reflect those priorities in how I spend my time and my money and my energy. I don't want anyone to wonder what matters to me. I don't want to wonder if I've spent my time well. This will involve time with my husband, time spent staying healthy, time spent reading, time spent with the bible, less time on the computer, time spent planning for school to make our days go even more smoothly, meal prep, plus a whole lot of things I haven't even thought of yet. Things that will present themselves to me as I put more order in my life. It will also involve more order in my home as we, as a family, work on keeping our house more orderly.

I have books to read on these topics and lots of thinking and implementing to do. I'd love your help in staying on track and I'd love to hear your thoughts on my one word.

So, I hereby declare 2015 the year of Operation Order. For me, anyway. What are you focusing on? What are you looking forward to? What are your goals? Let's turn our goals into reality together.

Happy 2015. May we all find the beauty in the pain. May we be the beauty to each other.


** I have started the research in how to do a link-up and hope to have that ready for Sunday, but having eight houseguests has me too busy playing games and feeding people to have it ready for today. Sorry.

13 comments:

  1. I'm in. I'll narrow down my list to one word by the end of the day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the word you ultimately chose. What a beautiful thing to focus on and share.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I love this word and all its many life applications.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm eager to see how this takes root in your life, Katie.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I love that you already took a chance by staying out until midnight on NYE. Here's to a great 2015!

      Delete
  5. Accountability - I'll check in with you!! :) kryshjulberg.blogspot.com I'm not ready to publish yet..but the space is there, so I should probably use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your first (second?) :) post and can't wait to read more.

      Delete
  6. Hiya DeNae!

    I love the word order. Such a simple, yet complex word - especially when homeschooling!

    My word for 2015 is Persevere. We had a TON of struggles last year; the scariest of which were my husband losing his job, and my mother passing away suddenly. So this year we will be persevering with everything we've got.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good word!! That could easily have been one I'd have chosen to. I'm excited to follow along this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm working on my post tonight too (as well as many others who are). I have never done a word of the year but I think since I have goals* this year and not resolutions* then a word of the year seems very appropriate. Thanks for sharing! I love the word Order- that would be in my Top 5 words of the year too!

    ReplyDelete