Sunday, January 11, 2015

Operation Order. 2.

The first full week of 2015 is in the books. We had a great week getting back into our school groove after a bit of a tough start on Monday. So far I love having my One Word. Order is always in the back of my mind and I'm always on the lookout for ways to implement it. This week I focused on getting everything ready for our school day the night before and getting the house cleaned up before I went to bed each night. I wasn't perfect, but that's not my intention. My intention is to use my time to reflect my priorities. In essence, to order my life so that people know what is important to me without me saying a word. Keeping my house more orderly is a piece of that since clutter and mess add stress and waste my time.  

Here are some things that are very important to me: people. Relationships. 


I am not a host or party planner by nature. Clearly this skipped a generation because my mom and Audrey are in their glory when they are planning menus and designing invitations and creating elaborate table settings. As for me, I am uncomfortable having people over and I never feel like I get it quite right. We live in the age of Pinterest perfection, but I'm more of a chips and queso, bonfire and BYOB, jeans and hoodie kind of girl myself.

But we are in this new place on our little mountain and neighbors are spread out and kids aren't playing in the yards right next door and across the street and around the corner, so we have to take matters into our own hands. If people and relationships are important to us, we have to make an effort. So we did.  


Yesterday we hosted a Meet the Neighbors Bonfire and S'more party. We were hoping to meet some neighbors with kids and specifically invited people with swingsets in the backyard or where we'd seen buses drop kids off. Alas, no kids came, but we did get to meet lots of great neighbors, including one who brought over the most delicious homemade oatmeal molasses bread we ever did taste. Even Isaac, who was really hoping for kids, said, "We have really nice neighbors."

The weather was wonderful at sunny and 50, the company was delightful, and the s'mores were tasty. I'd say that's a really great day, living our priorities.




How are you doing on your One Word or your resolution? Link up below or leave a comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment