Tuesday, March 31, 2015

March Fitness goals update-it ain't pretty, people!

In the beginning of March I used this little blog post to note some goals I had for the month. All I can say about that is HA. HA. HA. HAHAHA. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA. (deep breath) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAAAA! #4weeksfit. Ha! #4weeksfail.

It is safe to say that I earned the epic fail portion of my blog's name. I failed to take many, many things into consideration when I made those goals. I have some valid reasons why I failed and some excuses as to why I failed, but, yes, failure it was.

And I'm okay with that. It was one of the most stressful months of my life, I had a few sick kids, my husband was out of state for the vast majority of it, my toddler went on a sleep strike, and life happened. As is usually the case, it felt like all of life happened at the exact same time!

The good news is that I got a few runs in, the kids and I hiked and explored a lot, and the world will keep on spinning. I still have time to prepare for my June half marathon. I did have a great 10 mile run on Saturday and a fabulous 3.1 mile run today, so all is not lost.
Pike's Peak in the distance

about 5 miles into my 10 mile run. I GET to run here!

And, that is life. Goals set. Goals met. Goals not met. We get to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and start fresh. Start fresh with a new day or month or year or even hour.

So, I'm starting fresh in April. It's bound to be crazy with our upcoming move. But, that's life, too. So, let's do this, April!

How did you do on your goals in March? You really and truly couldn't have failed as miserably as I did! What do you have coming up in April?

To share my raging success (sarcasm) with even more strangers, I am once again linking up with Kristen and Erin for #4weeksfit.

Love, Fun & football

4 comments:

  1. Hey hiking and exploring and keeping up with the kiddos in general definitely counts as being active! :) And a 10-mile run, hello?!? You rock! Best of luck in April, I hope you achieve what you want to! Life will keep going no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I recap my month instead of talking about goals! I do see that you had some good times, and April should be super packed with the house details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm I would not consider a 10 mile run a fail! That's amazing!!! GO YOU! Seriously, chasing around kiddos and maintaining daily life is still active ;) and like you said - we gets fresh start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every month is going to be a hit in the park with goals. You have the right attitude about dusting off and giving another go though! Good luck in April!

    ReplyDelete