Monday, April 27, 2015

Here's the thing about moving

We are so excited to move for approximately 10 tons of reason. We've been on a crazy moving journey since last May when we put our house on the market. We are so excited to have a place to call home. To meet our neighbors, many of them families. To live less than a mile from a little neighborhood ballfield just waiting for a little vanWestrienen family pick up game. To unpack all of those boxes and have a prolonged Christmas morning experience. To make more friends and be part of a community. To let Asher run amok on our 2+ mostly flat acres after living on the side of a steep mountain for 6 months. To make an outdoor play area and a firepit. To make a home. To be home.

Doesn't that sound blissful and wonderful?

But here's the thing about moving. No matter how good it is, it's still crazy and completely nutso, mostly because the world doesn't stop when it's time to pack up the house, load up the Uhaul, and drive across town/state/country.
Soon the garage won't look like this!
The kids still need to be fed. And often. My 20 month old is on some kind of mission to join the world of competitive eating. "NACK!" "Eat." "More."

The laundry still needs to be washed and folded and, if I'm feeling lucky, put away. Or, in this case, enough for one week put in suitcases and the rest boxed up.

Groceries.

School. Although this week they are getting another crash course in home economics, mouse trap setting, moving, and home decorating.

Baseball, baseball, softball schedules.

Vacuuming.

Toddlers. Adorable and loveable, but not particularly helpful.

Keeping rental house cleaned for showings.

Add in getting the new house ready for us to move in and packing, moving, and getting the rental house cleaned up to vacate and it's a full schedule.

This is exacerbated by the great news that our landlord is letting us out of our lease a month early. That means we have to be out Sunday instead of May 31. Hooray for saving money, but the time crunch is real, especially since we just found this out on Thursday.

This is also exacerbated by a traveling husband who's been gone 5 out of the last 6 weeks. Thankfully he brings home enough bacon that we can purchase our house, so I am certainly grateful for his job, but unfortunately the timing of his intense travel schedule has been the opposite of ideal.

The bad news is, this week will be insane. I have my lists written so I know what I need to get done each day. Now I'm just waiting to see what will happen to upset my plans, because obviously that has to happen at least once.

The good news is that on the other side of this week is home.

And we are absolutely thrilled!
like this thrilled all over again!

Hopefully you'll understand if it's a little quiet around these parts this week. Boxes to be packed and children to tend to and all of the rest. What are you looking forward to this week? Go get it!

1 comment:

  1. I've decided I'm going to try to get my house ready to be put on the market before July. So my blog will probably be a little quiet soon too. I have so much to do and I know that keeping the house really clean for showings is going to be a little difficult with having three dogs in my house. But I have faith that I can do it and it will all work out- or at least that's what I keep telling myself. Good luck with the move!

    http://dogmomchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete