Friday, January 13, 2017

cat puke, Friday the 13th, and the blasted inauguration

I have cleaned up eight bouts of cat vomit in less than 24 hours. It seems like an appropriate way to spend the Friday the 13th before an inauguration that I want nothing to do with. I literally have nothing nice to say, so I have not been on facebook for over 36 hours because I want to shout personally insulting things at people. Who knows how long I'll have to ban myself. I'm guessing LONG! Following the, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" rule has never, ever, ever been so hard. Not in 6th grade when a boy spread lies about me. Not in my freshman year of college when a friend from high school told me that people were only being nice to me because they saw me as a pet project to use, try to improve, and then dump. Not ever.

So, I shut down social media and head to an overnight girl scout camp with my daughter. We're going to swim and cross country ski, visit with friends and learn about snow forts. It sounds like just exactly what the doctor ordered. I finish painting trim as we work to finish a room remodel in the basement. I read lots of picture books about snow and blizzards to my 3 year old. We finish up a tricky puzzle for the boys' room.

I am trying to show more restraint than the PEOTUS by actually thinking before I speak, by treating people how I want to be treated, and by remembering that words matter.

I'm not a sore loser. I would take any of the Republican nominees, any Bush, starting with Barbara, if I had my choice, and Mitt Romney or John McCain. I'm not sorry the person I voted for lost. That's happened before and it'll happen again. I'm devastated and disgusted that this person kind of won. I say kind of  because it seems that the majority of people actively hate him, and the list is probably growing. I'm not calling for the end to the electoral college. I want him to do well. I want him to surprise me. I started out giving him the benefit of the doubt, but he has given no indication that he is going to be "so presidential we'll be bored."

I'm angry. I'm not beaten. I can still do my part in my corner of the world to make this world better.

Peace out,
Cranky, Angry, Disgusted (usually) Democrat

2 comments:

  1. Its been a tough few months. One of my friends is actively trying to understand the other side. It isn't really working, but its a good idea. We've also taken to seeking more volunteer activities. But the cat puke I wouldn't be able to handle :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have asked hard questions and talked with people with opposing views and so far have gotten nowhere. It is frustrating. But, we are definitely volunteering and looking for ways to help our community and our world. And, regarding cat puke, after four kids, cat puke is no problem. Not my favorite, but not too big of a deal either. Sad, but true. :)

      Delete